Sometimes our bodies need some down time. It may be to rest an aching body or to mentally re-set, even to just treat ourselves. A warm relaxing bath can offer relief for many an every day ailment and many health benefits. At Need Alchemy, we have spent quite some time finding the right blend of minerals and Pure Essential Oils to offer such relief. It is much excitement and anticipation that we are launching our own range of Mineral Bath Soaks.
Before elaborating on the benefits of soaking in a bath, it’s important to understand why doing so is effective. The skin is the body’s largest organ and it also is highly absorbent. The process of transdermal absorption occurs when the skin soaks up substances in which it comes into contact. In the instance of immersing the body into a bath, it is an optimal time for the skin absorb vital minerals and nutrients. A mineral bath soak offers the body replenishment of these important nutrients, like calcium, sulfates, magnesium, potassium, and bromide
The main ingredient we use is Magnesium Sulphate. For centuries, Magnesium Sulphate, also known as Epsom Salts, has been used for the body for a variety of reasons. It is well known for its ability relieve muscular aches and pains. It can also help to eliminate toxins from the body, while easing stress and relaxing the body. Improvement in circulation and achieving a restful sleep are other benefits on offer.
Added to Epson Salts are Pink Himalayan Salts, which comes with its own set of valuable properties. Sea water contains the same concentration of minerals and trace elements as our bodies, so it make sense that we feel great after soaking in salt. For those of us who have been swimming in ocean, we are aware of how great our skin feels after being immersed in salt water. Salt is a natural exfoliant, so soaking in salt leaves the skin feeling smoother and softer. It also can detoxify the body, drawing out toxins, as well as dirt from the pores of the skin. A natural disinfectant, it can also help relieve skin blemishes and irritations.
Adding to this, is Sodium Bicarbonate, also known as baking soda. A fantastic exfoliant, it leaves the skin feeling soft and silky. Joined together with Epsom and Pink Himalayan salt, results in a powerhouse of minerals and nutrients for the body. In summary, a mineral salt bath can:
- Relieve tension and muscular pain
- Boost circulation
- Promote perspiration which aids detoxification
- Encourage healing
- Remove toxins from the body and dirt from the skin
- Improve sleep
We have three to choose from, all made with a purpose in mind:
- Our Muscle Mineral Calm Soak has essential oils of Eucalyptus Radiata, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Cajeput, Peppermint and Copaiba all selected to target muscular aches and pains.
- If seeking some calm, our Tranquil Mineral Bath Soak, with essential oils of Tangerine, Mandarin, Cedarwood Atlas, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavandin Super and Vetiver will help melt away the tension of the day. We have added cornflower to help reduce anxious feelings and hibiscus, which is a natural exfoliant.
- If you just feel like indulging, try our Self Love Mineral Bath Soak with pure essential oils of Rose Geranium, Lavender and Chamomile and rose buds to relax your body and rejuvenate your skin.